Oakland County Automotive Manufacturer is seeking an Engineering Manager. This position will direct activities of the Product Engineering Department including design, documentation, and manufacture of trim products. If you are seeking a company that provides a stable environment, this one is for you. The company offers competitive salary, benefits, bonus, friendly work environment and an opportunity to make a difference.
- Schedule, manage, provide technical direction, and ensure execution of the work of a highly skilled engineering staff including release engineers and patterning personnel. Design of new products or modification of existing designs.
- Provide direction, assistance, and advice in the area of Product Engineering to other corporate departments to support and facilitate robust manufacturing, delivery of high performing product, and continuous improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes technical trends to develop proposals.
- Developing the concepts, justifying expenditures, and defining allocations or tooling/capital.
- Sets development schedule, budget parameters, and tracking method.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing in the development/presentation of new or improved designs/concepts.
- Manage preparation of maintenance business trim cover quotes and engineering cost estimates.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint