Our client a growing Macomb County Manufacturing Automotive Supplier is seeking a Program Manager to add to their team. The position will be responsible Product Development Process from kick off to launch. The right candidate will have worked within the plastic injection molding industry and have a automotive manufacturing background. This privately held international company has been in business for 30+ years and is in a tremendous growth stage and offers a very generous benefit package including 401k with match.
• Create, maintains project planning utilizing program tools to manage individual programs.
• Acts as liaison between customer and program engineering, purchasing, quality and manufacturing to manage resolve daily commercial and business issues pertain to delivery, timing, and meeting customer requirements.
• Analyze current process and systems. Identifies and implements activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of sales and marketing activities.
• Analyze monthly sales analysis reports. Create ongoing list focusing on 3-5 top BOM improvement items. Document progress and identify current margin, actions taken to improve margins and margin changes.
• Lead cross functional meetings to establish overall production readiness for future launches and have departmental meetings.
• Post launch program evaluation of job performance in relationship to plant KPI’s including scrap and BOM improvement action items. Updates of the previous months.
• Establish weekly Program Progress meetings with Operation Coordination Team
• Bachelor degree in engineering or related field
• Minimum 5 years of automotive program management experience and automotive manufacturing experience
• Experience with plastic injection molding, tooling, or engineering
• Proficient with MS Office
• Travel both nationally and internationally 20%
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills