Established Oakland County automotive supplier is seeking a Purchasing / Procurement Manager responsible for procuring raw materials, components, tooling, equipment and services. The right candidate will have a background in Engineering or Electronic Components and Project Management for this Direct Hire opportunity. The company offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, and 401K.
· Purchases raw material, tooling, and components for custom and standard inventory as well as materials, office supplies and equipment needed for daily operations.
· Builds and maintains good business vendor relationships and seeks out new or alternates vendors.
· Prepares and transmits complete quotes and purchase orders.
· Resolves order and billing discrepancies in coordination with accounting and vendors and responds to inquiries.
· Processes returned purchased items that do not meet specifications.
· Ensures vendors can provide products that meet the necessary internal technical requirements.
· Interfaces with management concerning new products and forecasts for new and existing products.
· Initiates and distributes change notices for purchased items such as changes in specifications, part number and sources.
· Interfaces with Shipping/ Receiving regarding incoming and outgoing shipments.
· Negotiation and Time management
· Planning and program management skills
· MS Office and Presentation skills
· Associates Degree or related experience
· Engineering/Electronic component background.
· Prior purchasing experience in a raw material or component environment preferred.