Growing Macomb County Manufacturing Automotive Supplier is seeking a Quality Engineer to add to their team. The position will be responsible in assisting the Quality Manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System.. The right candidate will have worked within the plastic injection molding industry and have an automotive manufacturing background. This privately held international company has been in business for 30+ years and is in a tremendous growth stage and offers a very generous benefit package including 401k with match.
• Team leader in problem solving activities for root cause and the development and validation of corrective action.
• Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to production of new products are in accordance with approved data
• Support the Quality Inspectors to ensure the products/processes comply with the relevant requirements of the Quality Management System
• Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective actions.
• Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc..
• Analyze failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints
• Maintain the Internal/External Complaint log
• Maintains the Fast Response board for new issues, documentation updates and closure within a timely manner
• Maintains the LPA System and Quality Q daily.
• Responsible for updates on current issues and new issues at daily meetings and provides
• Assists the Quality Inspectors with Gage R&R’s
• Issues Quality Alerts and reviews with Inspectors
• Attends APQP, Gage Design and PFMEA review meetings
• Participates in ISO/TS16949 Auditing
• Assist with Gage Calibration
• Customer communication through phone calls, emails and customer visits
• Responsible to report on Quality Metrics
• Annual PPAP submissions and Initial submissions as required
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Metrology Certification or 2 year degree, or a minimum of 10 yrs. Exp. In a Quality Eng./Mgr role utilizing metrology equipment.
. GQTS software for GM Knowledge a must
• Computer knowledge (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint/Minitab)
• Plastic Injection Molding or assembly manufacturing experience
• knowledge of iSO/TS 16949 Quality Procedures, audit process and documentation requirements
• Knowledge of AIAG core tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC) Blueprint reading/GD&T
• Experienced in leading teams involved in corrective action process (8D, 5Y, or alternative problem solving technique