Our client a growing automotive supplier is seeking a Sales Account Manager. The position would be responsible to manage all commercial and basic technical aspects of assigned OEM and related Tier 1 customers, including new business development, customer presentations, developing and presenting commercial proposals, pricing and contractual issues, and technical issues during the acquisition phase and the entire product life time. Assure adequate and timely communication with the customers and other relevant stakeholders, including internal customers. Assure that all relevant customer, legal and requirements and procedures are effectively met. Focus on exceeding the defined financial, quality and other performance targets. The company is in a tremendous growth stage and offers a very generous benefit package.
• Initiate, conduct and execute quotation process and lead negotiations with customers.
• Responsible for all commercial issues, including pricing and revenue targets per given direction.
• Implement and execute Business Plan in area of responsibility based on yearly targets.
• Meet all reporting requirements within the Group and North America.
• Develop and execute financial budgets for the assigned area (if applicable).
• Assure quality of all relevant master data and sales prices.
• Constant contact with the relevant central functions of the Group.
• Maintain detailed actions plans to achieve assigned yearly targets.
• Participate in development projects according to ‘PEP’.
• Build excellent relationships with OEM and related Tier 1 customers on different levels and all relevant functional areas (Design, Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing, etc.).
• Presents the product range at customers on a regular basis.
• Constantly monitors customer developments and trends in search of new applications for products and market trends.
• Initiates the creation of quotes for new business and changes to existing business with the
Offer Team, and in conjunction with the Director Sales, Americas.
• Facilitates the decision process at the customer and negotiate conditions.
• Ensures that all necessary contractual documents are in place.
• Invoicing of tooling and monitor tooling payments.
• Constantly monitoring fulfillment of contractual obligations during series production and re-negotiate conditions if necessary.
• Develop 5 year sales forecast annually and sales forecasts upon request in conjunction with Director Sales, Americas.
• Visit customers in person regularly, including Engineering, Design (Studio), Purchasing, including those in foreign countries.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration with focus on Sales & Marketing, and/or Engineering, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of sales and/or project management experience in the automotive industry.
• Ability to participate in, and follow technical discussions (internal and at customer).
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
• High level of personal initiative regarding problem solutions, independent execution of duties and persistent realization of company and/or team decisions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, peers, customers, vendors and other relevant parties.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment (US, Europe, Latin America) .
• Flexibility regarding national and international business travel up to 25%