Profitable Oakland County automotive supplier is seeking a Sales Engineer to add to their team. The position would be responsible for analyzing customer technical and commercial requirements. Gain understanding of customer needs and offer proposals for meeting customer requirements. Focus on exceeding the defined financial, quality and other performance targets. Develop sales plans to meet sales and project objectives. The company is in a tremendous growth stage and offers an opportunity for growth along with a very generous benefit package.
• Evaluate and analyze technical specifications, demand and future developmental needs of the customer
• Establish, maintain and create long-term relationships with customers
• Oversee and coordinate the execution of development and the technical process for customer
• Support and assist customers to find better solutions and alternatives
• Provide and/or develop solutions for the customer in conjunction with the economic situation
• Prepare technical reports to internal staff and to customers to communicate customer’s needs and developments,
• Support and participate in the marketing by attending trade shows and conferences.
• Interact collaboratively with members of the Sales team and other technical experts
• Prepare and create technical presentations
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• 2+ years of experience in an equivalent position within the automotive industry
• Ability to travel on a limited basis, both international and domestic.
• Must be outgoing, communicative, enthusiastic and have strong
verbal skills and a desire to strive towards success
• Self motivated, ability to think and act independently and require little or no supervision
• Must be highly organized and flexible to handle multiple priorities.
• History of meeting or exceeding objectives
• Basic understanding of the strategic planning process
• Must be proficient in the use of Windows-based computer software,
especially Excel Outlook and SAP knowledge, preferred